Sunday, May 04, 2008

It's a BIG Day!!















Do you see what's new?? NO TRAINING WHEELS! :)

For the past several months, the boys have been asking me to take their training wheels off...but I kept stalling them. Well- today- I decided we should give it a try.
Now- I had NO idea how you "teach" kids to ride without training wheels.
Well- it turned out it didn't matter- as they didn't need any help!
We took off the training wheels- and away they went! Literally.
The boys needed no help from me at all. They INSTANTLY were riding as if they'd been doing it for weeks!
The Girl needed mostly reassurance.
She's not a fan of speed- and of course it's much harder to ride a bike slowly than it is with some speed.
But once she decided to trust herself she was ready to fly :)

They are SO proud of themselves.
They went pretty much door to door to announce the great news to all of our neighbors-
who bless their hearts showed great joy and cheering for the trio :)
I love our neighborhood :)

6 comments:

Ariana Sullivan said...

I can't believe how big they look in these pictures. They're growing up so fast.

I'm impressed that they learned so fast and as usual I love the pictures you got.

FrugalJo said...

CONGRATS!!! Twin A at our house was the same -- like he'd been doing it forever. Although now that KNOWS what he's doing, he's more freaked out and losing confidence, but still a HUGE day!!! Thanks for sharing!

Dogeared said...

Hi - I think I found your Blog through Ellen's. Congratulations to the Peas, on cycling with no training wheels! I remember worrying a bit about it when I was little - I read a lot of stories, and the kids in there were always falling while learning, and I was worried I'd fall over too.

I wish I'd not worried - our garden sloped ever so slightly, and one day I decided to try pushing off on my bike down the slope, with my legs out wide (like an upside down V, or having balance on each side). It was great - in the event that I toppled, I had a leg out ready to land on. But I never fell (not while learning, anyway ;-) ). I'm sure your three will love cycling, and look forward to bigger bikes as they grow!

Great photos too - something to look back on and treasure!

Ellen said...

Woohoo!! That's so awesome! I still remember the day that I first rode without training wheels.. It was pretty exciting. I don't have pictures though, so your kids are definitely lucky to have you around with your camera! Congratulations, peas, you're getting big! You've got wheels!

p.s. we have the same song on right now! Did I copy you? Quite possibly. I've been listening to it on repeat for days :)

Proud Parents of 4 said...

Yay Ben, Lily & Sam - way to go kiddos! What a big day indeed! And as always, your Mama did a wonderful job of capturing this special moment! :-) Amy, I love checking your blog and seeing how you're all doing - I know you're busy (we miss you around the group!) so this is a good way for me to keep up with what's going on with you and the family! I don't generally leave msgs/comments but I sooo enjoy browsing your site - you're so incredibly talented girl!

Rach

aboutimage said...

Congrat's to them! I love the tongue half sticking out of the mouth -- my boyfriend does that when he's concentrating, adorable!