Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My 15 minutes of fame :)



Why am I sharing the cover of the upcoming Family Times magazine?
Because it's MY photo on the cover! Wahoo! :)

A few weeks ago, I was asked to do a cover photo shoot of some local celebrities. Sort of a "family in their own habitat" kind of session. I of course jumped at the opportunity.
We were suppose to shoot outdoors, at a park, a fun "day-in-the-life" type of session. I was so stoked- finally the weather seemed to be done with winter and I could do an outdoor session!
Of course- living in MN, and Mother Nature as she is....it snowed 9" that morning. SO the lovely family kindly dressed in some summer clothes, despite the insane snow, and put on a happy face in their family playroom. It was fun to meet Frank and Amelia and their great kids. The twins are the same age as my own trio, and their older son is a complete hoot. Holding true what I've always said...that all kids named *S* are a handful. I should know since my own Boy #2 has the same name and has proven this belief to me over and over again. :)

The magazine comes out on Friday! I can't tell you how insanely cool it will be to see my OWN photo in print! And the cover no less! So if you live locally (in the Twin Cities)- grab one at your local Caribou or Dr. Office (or one of the other zillion places it will be) and take a peek. There's a few more of my photos in the inside story as well- including a photo of them all playing Twister- which was of course hilarious- and also of course their older son's idea. See? It's the name I tell ya. :)

So here's my first 15minutes of fame as a photographer. You can all say you knew me when. ;)

HA.

:)
Amy

11 comments:

Christie said...

congrats, amy! i would be on top of the world. :)

Chas said...

Congrats Amy! That is Awesome.. I love that magazine, I was always winning tickets from it. Great pic..

Jennifer said...

OMG congratulations that is so awesome!

Ariana Sullivan said...

That picture is awesome! It's everything I'd want out of a family picture.

Karson and Kami said...

How exciting! Congratulations! I *love* the photo!

sherry boles~ said...

How cool is that!?! Congrats!

Ellen said...

Congratulations, Amy!! That's awesome! You totally deserve it, and I love the photo - great job despite the change of location. Don't you love crazy weather?

All you recent stuff is great, especially the lost tooth - your kids are getting so big!

Great to "see" you again, I've missed your blog. And I *love* this song!

Donita said...

SO cool! Congratulations!

Dogeared said...

Hi - I'm playing Blogger leapfrog and found yours via Ellen's.

I'm adding links to the Blogs I find, so that I can try and read them more often, and get inspiration from the brilliant photos I see. I'm largely learning through experimentation, but it's fun :D. If you want me to remove the link to your Blog, that's fine, just let me know (I'll bookmark it instead).

Helen

Julie Fraser Photography said...

That is awesome. Congratualtions!

FrugalJo said...

you rock. 'nuf said.