Friday, September 07, 2007

Day #250- Flowers and the 40D





Doncha love the pained look on Boy #1's face?! The kids were picking flowers this afternoon and placing them in water glasses all over the house. "To decorate" :D

My first shots with the new camera.....I am in LOVE with the faster focus. It has a learning curve for me- new bells and whistles I have to figure out what to do with- but I'm figured out the basics and for those so far it's been fabulous! The only bummer is that I prefer to shoot in RAW, and the 40Ds RAW is so new that Photoshop ACR/CS3, doesn't recognize the RAW format yet (neither does iPhoto- which I use to import) ....WAHHH... it's putting a huge dent in my PPing process! So these were done with the supplied Canon software...which makes no sense to me after being use to PS. Hopefully Adobe (and Apple) will release an update soon so I can go back to what I know and love! So ignore the wonky WB issues please... If I can't get a grasp on it I may have to, gasp, go back to shooting jpeg ;) Well...at least until it's PS compatible :)

Oh- and The Girl is excited- because now she thinks she gets my old camera. HA! Of course so does DH. Also HA! :)
I told him I have to give him lessons- because shooting in Auto is just unacceptable ;)

9 comments:

Chelle said...

Oh man! I wish I could get lessons from you.

Beautiful!

Julie ( THE Queen of TyPo'S) This chic can't spell!!! said...

So cute, once again. Hope you figure out RAW.

Jennifer said...

oh I see why you love this camera, very nice! I really like these so sweet and innocent!

Angela said...

That look on his face is too funny! Congrats on the new camera!

Lulu said...

Oh no! That sucks about the RAW thing... :( but still hope you are having fun with the new camera! These are great.
Love that your dd and dh both want your old camera ;( So funny and cute!

Karson and Kami said...

Ahhh the 40D! How exciting for you. I have the 30 - I think I'll wait to upgrade until I can afford the 5D though.

I know what you mean about the hubby thing. I have been teaching Karson some things too so I can actually *BE* in some pictures rather than always be the photographer.

Ellen said...

Hey Amy!! I'm so sorry I've been mia for so long.. It's been nice catching up with your blog. I'm so jealous of your new camera! And excited for you too, of course. And for myself since I'll get to see everything you do with it! Lol. I hope you really enjoy it. The pics of the kids washing the car are so fun, I used to love doing that. And your tomato sauce looks so yummy! I did that last year, made up a big batch of roasted tomato sauce.. I won't be able to do it this year though, unless there are still nice tomatoes around when I get to Chicago. Maybe I'll try though, at least a small batch. I love it too! The broken window story is so cute, at least they're there for each other! Lol. I hope you're well, Amy!

sherry boles~ said...

How exciting...Congrats on your new camera!! Looks like you've got a new best friend...HeeHee! :)

Christie said...

lucky you, girl! that really sucks about the RAW issues though. i bet you can't wait to use ps again.

LOVE the pained expression, yes.