Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day #352- Speedlite Fun!




Now that it's winter and we're stuck inside w/shorter daylight hours- it's time to break out the speedlte! :)
Today I played with the idea of being able to freeze action using the flash- it's really interesting (to me) Basically you can use a really slow shutterspeed- because the flash freezes the motion- so you don't get blur. Like these for example were shot at 1/15 of a SS- which is insanely slow and normally would NEVER be clear. I bounced the light up and behind me (basically off the TV) and it worked really slick!

4 comments:

Karson and Kami said...

WOW! 1/15! That's crazy. I have only used my speedlite for fill flash when I do outdoor photos since all my indoors are done in my studio. But this makes me want to play with it! I can't believe they aren't blurry with that SS.

Chas said...

I love looking at your pics and watching your kids grow. Thanks for sharing.

Diane R said...

Thanks for keeping up with me and staying true your 365 project. It's been lots of fun watching your progress. :)

Tanya said...

Awesome progress!!! great shots!