Sunday, January 14, 2007

Day #14 - C is for....


My friend gave us one of those "cookies in a jar" gifts- you know, where all you have to do is add the butter and egg. My kids love to cook- so this was our project on Sunday.
Since I've been using my 50mm 99% of the time these days- I've been irritated by the auto-focus on it at times, esp at close range- so I've been starting to use it more in manual focus- with better results, and at the very least no more of that annoying "searching for focus" sound.
Lesson learned with this pic? Taking a picture of brown cookies on a brown table...not so good :)

But I like thecomposition on this one.

6 comments:

Ali said...

Those look good! We have the same plates..(other photo)!!

Melissa Davis said...

OK those look good! nice dof

Anonymous said...

Yum! Great dof and composition :)

Quinn said...

Oh Yum, you are making me hungry.

Unknown said...

I like the composition too! And I have the same trouble w/my 50mm lens in AF!

D said...

Ooh! Great DOF and I love the little bits of color. Yum!
D