Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Day #17 - Grover


My favorite Sesame Street character was my model late tonight. :)
In my continued attempt to tackle my fear of high ISOs... ISO was 1600, ss 1/50 and f/1.8. (50mm)
All I have to say is HOLY SMOKES what a difference setting the WB to custom makes!! Not only is the color better but the noise is way less noticeable.
Color's not great- since I used my not-really-white computer desk/counter for my custom set- (yes I had white paper right next to it but DUH it didn't occur to me) but even so, it was SO much better than any of the presets for WB. (and yes I tried them all 1st to see what would cure the reddish tone)
My DH thought I was on something as he came downstairs to find me reclining back in my desk chair w/Grover held in one hand over my head, and my camera smashed to to my eye in the other hand, while swiveling my chair around to get the crappy light from the ceiling to hit right :) "WHAT are you doing with that muppet?!"

6 comments:

Unknown said...

AHHH what we'll do for the art! Thanks for the inspiration ~ I need to play with custom white balance myself... Great Shot!

Melissa Davis said...

cute!

Ali said...

You know I really need to learn how to do a custom white balance!
Love this one!

Alissa said...

grover looks STUNNING! totally doing a CWB and trying this out!

Chris said...

ISO 1600??? I suppose shooting at f/1.8 helps to compensate for the light, and helps with the DOF. Nice noiseless shot. :)

D said...

LOL! Very cute! CWB is so cool. Maybe someday I'll learn how to do it.
D