Sunday, January 28, 2007

Day #28 - Circles

My picture for the "Weekly Challenge" which is "Circles" this week. So...anyone know what it is?! :) I'll give a hint- the last number on this "thing" is 25. :) I like how his turned out- I once again used my grey card to set the exposure and CWB. And I focused on my lucky number for the photo :) ISO 100 ; f/2 ; SS 1/400

THE ANSWER : Ariana you were right- it is a Christmas countdown thing...it's called an Advent Box. It's numbered 1-25. Each knob is for a little door- each door is like 2"x2" and about 2" deep. In the month of December each day I stick a little note in the door telling what we'll be doing special that day. Things like "Bake cookies" "Read 'Twas The Night Before Christmas'" etc. Every morning the kids look forward to opening the next door to see what's in store for us that day :) I've always had a version of this throughout my childhood, my old one was hand painted w/little pictures on each door. As a kid it was a wall chart w/pockets. I found this at Target 2yrs ago and fell in love w/the look and design.

Louisa your guess made me giggle :)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

what in the world? i am visually intrigued by this ...

Melissa Davis said...

oh very cool and creative!

Deirdre B said...

My mom's lucky number is 13 also. She'd be pleased to see this. And I have no idea what it is. Almost looks like something to do with scrapbooking.

PS I like the music. I want one for my blog now.

Lulu said...

13 is my lucky number too! Great dof. =)

Ariana Sullivan said...

Wow, this is the first time I've peeked at your blog. I love it. You're great with photography and the song is really cool.

I'm guessing that the object is one of those count down to Christmas things.

I love how you focused on the 13..and it's good that it's your lucky number, I think it's been given enough grief for causing bad luck ;)

The Manley's est. 2001 said...

This is very neat and creative!!

Unknown said...

oh very cool! I have no idea what it is either!

Robyn said...

I have no idea what it is. But cool shot.

Louisa said...

Hmmmm, I have no idea what it is but it has great dof. At first I thought it was a full wine rack, but then I saw the numbers. Then I thought maybe you numbered your wine in the order you wanted to drink it, I know - strange thought process! So please, enlighten us.

Diane R said...

Same here - no idea what it is, but it's cool! Great color and DOF. I truly need a gray card.

Anonymous said...

Awesome capture :)

MelissaJ said...

AWESOME use of DOF..I don't know what it is either..but it's great..

vhphotography365 said...

It is some kind of cabinet type for christmas

Julie ( THE Queen of TyPo'S) This chic can't spell!!! said...

Rock on, this is very cool!

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog :)

Nicholette said...

I love the DOF in this one! And 13 is my lucky number! ;)
btw, thanks for the comments you posted on mine...they really help keep me going.

Alissa said...

love this... i already saw the answer, but i totally thought it was buttons on an elevator...i was so puzzled as to how long you had to ride the elevator up and down to do the CWB and if people were giving you weird looks... and gosh, you people and your tagging!